There are various levels of Close Protection Services (CPS) or Professional Security that you can opt for. Still, as there are so many forms, employers can find close protection security services fairly convoluted to understand. Here, we aim to demystify the process to help you find exactly the level of security you’re looking for to keep you and your family safe.
But the first thing to mention is that hiring any level of professional security is never the wrong decision. What could be more important than keeping you and your loved ones safe? Melissa Private Staffing is well versed in successfully placing a personal security guard or personnel in private homes.
Our track record speaks for itself. We offer a range of security options, all completely tailored to provide complete peace of mind and lifestyle management for high net worth individuals and property from private residential security to VIP protection.
What Are The Levels Of Close Protection Security?
Close protection security and professional security can be broadly separated into:
- Individual Bodyguard (IBG) – A single officer acting as a security escort to an individual or small group/family. The IBG will identify potential threats and advise the client on safety measures.
- Close Protection Team (CPT) – A team of two or more protection officers. The bodyguard remains close to the principal while the remainder keep a distance that allows freedom of movement but ensures a response is never more than seconds away.
- Protective Surveillance Team (PST) – Similar to the CPT, except that no one realises they are with the principal. The distances are greater but within sight, which allows a fast response, but not as immediate as the CPT.
What Are The Qualifications Required To Work In Close Protection Security Services?
All personal close protection officers should be vetted and licensed by the Security Industry Authority, which you may hear referred to as the SIA. Most are either ex-police or ex-military, and as such, are highly disciplined, highly trained and highly skilled.
All our CPS personnel are licensed and registered with the SIA and thoroughly vetted in compliance with BS7858 standard and above. We guarantee utmost privacy and discretion and operate in full compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Each staff member is allocated based on your requirements, and we will ensure they have the relevant qualifications in accordance with those. Skills you need might include languages or paediatric first aid, as examples. But the person or people in question must be the right fit for your household, which is precisely what we can do for you.
What Are The Roles & Responsibilities Of A Close Protection Officer & A Personal Security Guard?
This varies hugely from household to household but can include any or all of the following:
- Confidential and personal advisor to the head of household,
- Personal protection escort for any family member,
- Driving duties and/or escort vehicle,
- Daily intelligence gathering/identifying potential threats to the family,
- Alternative route planning and counter-surveillance awareness,
- Event security/guest reception,
- Advance team to secure the arrival point at any given venue,
- Residential security,
- Emergency planning and coordination,
- Travel security.
If you would like to take on any Close Protection Officer Services or any form of a personal security guard, please contact Melissa Offer Private Staffing on +44(0) 207 101 3173. The same number applies if you are considering a career in CPS. We look forward to hearing from you.