There are various levels of Close Protection Services (CPS) that you can opt for, but as there are so many forms, employers can find close protection services fairly convoluted to understand. Here, we aim to demystify the process, to help you find exactly the level of security you’re looking for to keep you and your family safe.
But the first thing to mention is that hiring any level of security is never the wrong decision. What could be more important than keeping you and your loved ones safe? Melissa Private Staffing is well versed in successfully placing security personnel in private homes. Our track record speaks for itself.
We offer a range of security options, which are all completely tailored to provide complete peace of mind and lifestyle management for high net worth individuals and properties.
The levels of close protection
Close protection can be broadly separated into:
- Individual Bodyguard (IBG) – A single officer acting as a security escort to an individual or small group/family. The IBG will identify potential threats and advise the client on safety measures.
- Close Protection Team (CPT) – A team of two or more protection officers. The bodyguard remains close to the principal while the remainder keep a distance that allows freedom of movement but ensures a response is never more than seconds away.
- Protective Surveillance Team (PST) – Similar to the CPT except that no one realises they are with the principal. The distances are greater but within sight, which allows a fast response, but not as immediate as the CPT.
The qualifications needed to work in Close
All personal protection officers should be vetted and licensed by the Security Industry Authority, which you may hear referred to as the SIA. Most are either
ex-police force or ex-military, and as such are highly disciplined, highly trained and highly skilled.
All our CPS personnel are licensed and registered with the SIA, but also fully vetted in compliance with BS7858 standard and above. We guarantee utmost privacy and discretion and operate in full compliance of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Each member of staff is allocated based on your requirements, and we will ensure they have the relevant qualifications in accordance with those. Skills you need might include languages or paediatric first aid, as examples. But the person or people in question must be the right fit for your household, which is exactly what we can do for you.
What does a Close Protection Services role involve?
This varies hugely from household to household but can include any or all
of the following:
- Confidential and personal advisor to the head of household,
- Personal protection escort for any family member,
- Driving duties and/or escort vehicle,
- Daily intelligence gathering/identifying potential threats to the family,
- Alternative route planning and counter surveillance awareness,
- Event security/guest reception,
- Advance team to secure the arrival point at any given venue,
- Residential security,
- Emergency planning and coordination,
- Travel security.
If you would like to take on any Close Protection Services, please contact Melissa Offer Private Staffing on +44(0) 207 101 3173. The same number applies if you are considering a career in CPS. We look forward to hearing from you.