Estate & Household Staff
Hire an Estate Manager from our exclusive agency.
Obviously as with all household roles, there are no hard and fast rules to what an Estate Manager job entails. When hiring someone, the most important thing to consider is whether they’re a good fit for your household.
The Estate Manager is an essential cog in the working mechanism of a landed estate. Those requiring a private Estate Manager will often have a large household with multiple buildings and several hundred acres of land. It’s a highly respected role, so it is of the utmost importance that you find the right person for the job.
Estate Managers oversee and contribute to the profitability of their employer’s estate. They are responsible for maintaining and preserving what is already there, though also bringing in contemporary approaches in order to make sure it is performing at its best and fulfilling all its potential. Land management is a vital part of the role.
At Melissa PS we know each estate is different – the role may involve the management of other members of household staff and can extend from budgeting and administrative tasks right through to the management of the shoot and event planning. We’ll find the right person for you, your estate, and your requirements.
- Handling financial aspects, including budgets, payroll and accounting
- Managing a complex team of staff for the
- Principals both locally and internationally
- Ensuring the properties are maintained to optimum levels
- Facilitating health & safety and training
- Technical property know-how
- Tenant management
- Shoot and event planning
- Security logistics
- Highly flexible
- Setting up properties ahead of Principal/s travel
- Exquisite attention to detail