Estate & Household Staff
Hire a Head Gardener from our exclusive agency.
Your garden is the first impression visitors, colleagues and clients get of your home. For that reason alone, it’s extremely important that it is constantly maintained and is always looking its best. But beyond that, having a Head Gardener allows you to have an expert onsite all the time, to discuss your horticultural ideas and suggestions with, and who will be always be on hand to talk about the development of your beautiful garden.
The Head Gardener manages all horticultural aspects of a property or garden, including staff and volunteers.
The role of a Head Gardener and the required experience varies hugely between roles and properties, but it must be acknowledged that Head Gardeners would normally be educated to an exceptionally high level within their field and have years of experience to support that education.
- Sustainable Gardening and environmental impact
- Sound knowledge of shrubs, bedding plants and basic tree maintenance
- Pest, disease and plant health management (PA1 & PA6 certification)
- Minimum RHS NVQ level 3 in Horticulture
- Chainsaw license preferable
- Knowledge of fertiliser/compost/mulch applications
- Basic knowledge of irrigation and propagation
- Productive growing
- Soft and hard landscaping
- Staff management
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Knowledge and the experience in the use of ride on machinery, pedestrian machinery and hand tools
- First aid