Location: Cayman Islands
Salary: £62,000 PA
My client is one of the top ranked hotels in the entire Caribbean on Tripadvisor; It is an all-suite, all ocean view 52 suite boutique beach estate in the Caribbean. The hotel currently features in addition to its rooms, 2 F & B outlets.
We are looking for a talented housekeeping manager who is meticulous in their work and dedicated to maintaining high housekeeping standards throughout a property.
- Ensuring first-class housekeeping service across property
- Hires, trains, supervises, coaches, and motivates associates
- Identifies housekeeping issues and takes action to correct them
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and high awareness of presentation, details and what is available to guests
- Ensures the correct and consistent housekeeping practices will be demonstrated by all associates members
- Prepares team schedules while controlling labour costs and overtime
- Handle stock and inventory
- Works with engineering team to resolve any problems
- Maintains high grooming standards in line with management’s/ company’s standards and requests
Knowledge and Skills
- Leadership: Visible, proactive, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves style, personally involved leader with excellent organizational skills, capable of providing focused leadership and ability to establish the hotel’s prominent position within the market. A well-developed capability for strategic decision-making and a track record of proven results in the areas of customer satisfaction, operational excellence, employee satisfaction.
- Operations: Excellent sense of product and service quality, a passion for excellence and an understanding of the sophisticated needs of the independent luxury boutique customer. Creative and innovative operations leadership, capable of delivering service that will differentiate the hotel in the market. Excellent eye for small details and willingness to go the extra mile for guests.
- Employee Relations: Must be a responsive, engaged and interactive leader, capable of building strong positive relationships. Demonstrated ability to leverage shared resources and to manage through influence. Ability to create culture.
- Culture: Cultural sensitivity and awareness and respect for cultural differences are critical. A proven ability to effectively integrate and leverage elements of the local culture in the delivery of service excellence is desired. Must be able to infuse the hotel culture with the company values and hotel narrative.
ENVIRONMENT AND LEADERSHIP STYLE:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Relationship Building
- Leads by example
- Common sense management
- Emotionally resilient and mature
- Accessible and approachable (open-door policy)
- Not afraid to criticize or be criticized