Location: Chelsea, London UK
Salary: £35,000 PA
We are seeking an experienced, professional housekeeper for the Chelsea home of a businessman.
You will work alongside the existing Housekeeper carrying out the cleaning and upkeep of their beautiful home, and assisting with wardrobe management, laundry, and other general household tasks.
You will have a wealth of experience in a similar role in private households. A great eye for detail is essential, along with a desire to take pride in a job done to the highest standards. You will be pro-active, and willing to help wherever needed.
A warm, enthusiastic personality will fit in well, being able to work well with others but equally happy to work alone at times. Proven ability to take charge of situations and oversee contractors and tradespeople will be required. Computer literacy is important, with the necessary skills to make online purchases securely.
It is a full-time role of 40 hours over a 5 day per week rota. The rota is set weekly, and you will work no more than 2 weekends per month. On 2 mornings per week, a 6am start is required.
Other days will be 8.00am-5.00pm.
It is a live-out position, with a competitive salary.
Occasional travel to Italy may be required (approx. 4-6 weeks per year) The role will start asap. A uniform is provided.
- Housekeeping: Overall cleaning and upkeep of the private residences. The home is to be kept to an extremely high standard at all times
- Regular deep cleaning when the Principals are out of the home. Caring for valuable possessions such as antiques, artwork, silverware, bespoke furniture. Training will be given where necessary.
- Working closely with other household staff members.
- Laundry including pressing and packing/unpacking prior to and following travel.
- Wardrobe management including detailed care and organization of high-value
- Formal table service and setting (on occasion) and serving of refreshments and
- Good communication skills in English
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role within a Private Household Passport for travel within the EU and Right to Work in the UK & EU.
A discretionary bonus is also offered annually.